Sharp seeks a Director to lead origination efforts and deal execution.
Sharp, a cannabis-focused advisory firm, seeks a Director to lead origination efforts and deal execution in a market expected to reach $25bn in 2021 and growing 15-20% for the next decade. Cannabis is a rapidly changing, dynamic, and, frankly, fun industry that will experience waves of consolidation over the years, as it is currently.
We seek a Director with sector experience specific to retail, consumer packaged goods, health & wellness, or diversified industrials as these industry verticals complement Sharp’s industry-leading efforts in cannabis.
Sharp’s boutique environment enables you to work closely with senior team members with the ability to grow your role in a meritocratic environment.
As a Director, you will be responsible for:
- New business origination efforts
- Day-to-day preparation of marketing and pitch materials to support new business origination
- Creation of descriptive marketing memoranda
- Development and review of valuation analyses and financial models
- Client meetings and presentations
- Transaction oversight/client management
We are keenly interested in individuals who possess strong interpersonal skills, have a track record of hard work, and a demonstrated track record of personal and professional achievements. Ideal candidates remain calm and focused under pressure, exhibit a common-sense approach to problem-solving, and a tenacious interest in becoming an expert in their chosen field. We seek a candidate with a long-term interest in an M&A-focused investment banking role with significant near-term partnership potential.
Additional specific qualifications and requirements include:
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years of experience in middle-market investment banking or real estate development/finance, negotiating and structuring financial transactions
- Proven deal origination and execution
- Ability to explain and articulate complex analyses and issues in a concise, confident manner to clients and buyers
- Strong business writing skills
- Robust analytical, research, and quantitative skills
- MBA a plus, preferably with an emphasis in finance and/or accounting
- CFA or CPA is a plus
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Rebecca Hawkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.